What You Need To Know
Takes off as a group of min 4 kids. Once you choose your booking option and complete your booking, the company will call you within 1 business day to schedule your class based on your availability.
Benefits of Learning to Sail
Sailing is an incredible experience that has lifelong value and rewards for kids. Consider sailing lessons and camps as you plan your child’s summer activities.
1. Time outdoors: Sailing is an ideal way to disconnect from everyday distractions.
2. Confidence builder: Sailing teaches independence and promotes self-confidence. It brings kids out of their comfort zones and encourages them to trust themselves.”
3. Spatial awareness: Steering and maneuvering a vessel teaches kids to be aware of their surroundings and how to react to things in front of them.
4. Sense of direction: Sailing teaches geographic awareness as kids begin to understand wind direction and how to use a compass.
5. Lifetime Sport: Sailing is unique because, unlike many other sports, it doesn’t strain the body or require expertise to enjoy. It’s a lifelong skill that can be enjoyed regardless of physical ability, age, or skill level.
6. Fun! Sailors love making friends, doing fun activities on the water, and learning new skills.
Age Limit 7- 17 yrs
Minimum 4 kids
Training / Tours are starting from minimum of 2 hours
Hourly Per Person fee is 150 AED
Nanny & Helpers are free ( if accompanying is mandatory )
Trainings are limited as weekdays between 14:00 – 16:00 and 16:30 – 18.30
Minimum 1-day advance booking needed
% 30 discount is applicable for a minimum 8-hour package.
All tours & Trainings are including Complimentary Water only.
Parents can attend with their kids.
Sunset Tour could be included depending on the availability
Minimum 3 hours
Security precautions are our Priority
We have the right to accept or regret anyone who caused the problem on previous tours/trainings Security
Life Jackets suitable for any age group
Everyone should wear sports shoes which covers the feet and toes. Kids who are wearing any type of toe open shoes/slippers will not be accepted.
All attendees accept all security precautions for the captain and themselves
Objective: To give the trainees overall information to give the ability to use a sailing boat and navigate the need route on all cruises.
Course Content: To gain general basic sailing information.
Training Content: Ties -Travel rules - Wind direction - Preparing the boat for cruising and sailing - Practical helm handling - Boat domination Cruising (Clause Haul, Reaching, Running) - Maneuvers (Tacking, Gybing) - Simple sailing settings
Training Boat: Beneteau 34,7 (10 meter) sports training yacht
Captain Ozay is a professional sailing racer and instructor. He has raced different kinds of sailing yachts and provided any level sailing course about 3,500 students since 2006. He provides basic and advanced levels, offshore sailing level, night, over night and race team lessons. Over 200.000 nm passed Mediterranean, Aegean and Black Seas, Basra Gulf and Indian Ocean for professional boat transfers.
Born in 1971 in Turkey he started sailing when he was 8 years old. I raced long time.
Education & Experience
• ?stanbul Sailing Academy (Heat Instructor )
• Marmara Sailing Club ( School Manager and Heat Instructor)
• Alto Sailing (Owner)
• A.S. Sailing Academy Owner – Business partner
• Once Irc class II. Yacht Europian Championship
• Twice Turkey championship Yacht class
• 2016 Turkey Championsihps overall 4# ( 34,7 )
• More than 450 starts
• More than 100 podium
Certificates / Licences
• Certificate of Competence for Operators of Pleasure Craft
• Certificate of Competence for SHORT RANGE Radio Operators
• RYA Offshore Yacht Master Licence
• RYA Coastal Skipper Licence
• RYA Offshore Safety Licence
• RYA Small Craft Basic Sea Survival Certificate
• ?nternational Coastal Skipper
• TDM Professional Yacht Master
• First Aid Certificate
• Turkey sailing Federation Sailing Yatch instructor
• Turkey sailing Federation Centerboard 1.Level Trainer
• Beneteau 29 ( 1988 model ) owned
• Elan 340 ( 2009 model ) owned
• Beneteau 34,7 ( 2006 model ) owner