What You Need To Know
Flexible Time Slots on Weekdays | 12-7pm. Once you choose your booking option and complete your booking, company will call you within 1 business day to schedule your class based on your availability.
An OT session might include work on fine and gross motor skill. The therapist will provide easy and creative activities and exercises to help increase upper body and core strength necessary for postural stability, balance, coordination, gross and fine motor control.
Often, children who struggle with Sensory Integration and are referred to Occupational Therapy have challenges with Executive Function Skills, necessary for learning and development. In order for a child to plan and organize what they need to do throughout the day, such as getting homework done, they need to be able to focus attention, filter distractions, remember and perform multi-step directions.
To complete an evaluation we conduct an interview, complete standardized and nonstandardized tests, and make clinical observations. Families may complete a Sensory Profile to give us a better understanding of your child’s reactions to all types of sensory experiences they may encounter daily.
During the evaluation we will look at your child’s abilities in the following areas:
• Fine motor (small movements of hands)
• Handwriting skills
• Gross motor (large movements of the body including balance and coordination)
• Motor planning (the ability to conceive, plan, and carry out movements)
• Self care (bathing, dressing, feeding, grooming, toilet use)
• Executive functioning (attention, organization, mental flexibility, self regulation)
• Sensory processing (how the brain interprets, organizes, and uses sensory information)